HYPNOTHERAPY FOR DEPRESSION
Feeling 'a bit down' in response to adverse circumstances is normal. Depression that is overwhelming, persistent, and debilitating is not!
That level of downward mood shift is a clinical condition that cannot be wished away, or fixed by 'getting your act together!' A good kick up the behind won't do it either!
The best possible score is 120. Once it drops below 72 it indicates a trend towards depression - and the lower the score the more significant the degree of depression:
- A score of 96 – 120 is excellent. You are not clinically depressed.
- A score of 72 – 95 is still pretty good – you are managing life pretty well.
- A score of 48 – 71 is not so good; seeking assistance might begin to seem like a good idea.
- A score of 24 – 47 indicates that you are clinically depressed and need professional assistance to turn this trend around.
Depression Help – Treating Depression:
Anti Depressant medication is generally the Physician's first choice. These mostly work by generating 'feel good' chemicals in the brain – thereby reducing the principal symptom of depression – feeling 'bad'. However, on their own, they merely address the effect without treating the cause. So some form of accompanying therapy is also indicated – but anti-depressants will put the person suffering from depression in a better frame of mind from which to respond to therapy.
The Hypno-therapeutic approach:
This is based on the concept that depression is sustained by a combination of personal, psychological, and social factors – all of which need to be addressed. Most importantly it is necessary to identify and resolve those factors that were the primary reason for the state of depression being manifested in the first place.
- Hypnotherapy uncovers – and transforms, negative beliefs and behavioural patterns that support the continuance of the depressed state.
- Hypnotherapy enables you to reprogram & transform your mind and body so that they respond positively to life’s situations.
- Hypnotherapy facilitates your building a genuine sense of self worth.
- Transpersonal Hypnotherapy – such as I practice, can also be a gateway to discovering not only who you truly are, but learning how to truly love yourself as you are now.